Сабақтың тақырыбы: Sport in Britain
Ағылшын тілі: 7 сынып
Сабақтың түрі: ашық сабақ
The theme of the lesson: Sport in Britain
Objectives of the lesson:
- To work on the given theme.
- To develop the pupils’ speech on the topic Sport in GB
- To bring up the pupils be healthy and do sport.
Type of the lesson: getting new information
Method of the lesson: group work
Visual aids of the lesson: interactive whiteboard, pictures.
Interaction of the lesson: Russian, Literature, Sport.
Sport in Britian
Procedure of the lesson
I. Org. moment
Good morning, pupils! I am glad to see you again. You see we have guests. Welcome!
Who is on duty today? Who is away? What day of week is it today? What date is it today?
Children, what season is it now? What is the weather like today? What poems do you know about spring? (for example by Abai)
We will work in 2 groups. Please choose your leaders. Your hometask was retelling the text “Kazakh national games”
We have told about Kazakh games and sport. Now we’ll speak about British sport.
II. New lesson
So, the theme of the lesson is Sport in Britain.
Sport in Britain
The British play many sports that are unknown in most countries such as cricket, squash, netball, golf.
The typical British sport
Squash is a racquet sport played by two players in a four – walled court with a small black rubber ball. Squash has recognized as the world’s healthiest sport.
Netball is the largest female team sport in Engand. The sport is played only by women. The object of the game is to throw the ball to a net, which is at the top of 3 metres.
Teams are made up 11 players each. They play with a small ball. Two batters stand in front of wickets, set about 20 meters apart. A member of the opposing team throws the ball. The other batter must hit the ball so that it does not knock a bail of the wicket. If the ball travels far enough, the 2 batters run back and forth between the wickets while the fielders on the oppositing tem try to catch the ball. The game is scored according to the number of times the batters exchange places.
Scotland is the home of golf. The are over 400 golf courses in Scotland alone. The most important golf club in Scotland is in the seaside town of St.Andrews.
Work on the text “Sport in Britain”
1. Reading and translating
2. True or false
True (T) or false (F)? T F
- A lot of people play sport in Britain. __ __
- Rugby is a popular sport in Britain __ __
- There are eleven players in each cricket team. __ __
- Squash is a slow sport. __ __
- Boys often play netball in Britain. __ __
- Schoolchildren in Britain have to play sport. __ __
- Baseball is a popular British sport. __ __
3. Doing the exercise 14 (complete the sentences)
- a) Rounders is a British vision of baseball.
- b) Cricket is a typically British sport.
- c) Tennis is a indoor game.
- d) Netball is similar to basketball.
- e) Squash is a form of tennis.
4. Watching videofilm
Task: watch and remember.
T: Do the tasks and build “Story Pyramid”
- The theme of the film.
- 2 words describing the theme.
- 3 Words describing the main event.
- 4 words stating the theme.
- 5 words stating the theme.
- 6 words stating the theme.
- 7 words stating the theme.
- The proverb stating the solution of the theme.
- Sport in Britain
- Be part of sport
- Boxing, rugby, golf, rowing
- Swimming, horseriding, thousands, spectator, running
- Horseracing, motosport, famous, watersport, Olympic games
- English national team, football, football fan, David Bechkam
- A healthy mind in a healthy body
The producer of this film wants to tell us about sport in Britain. In this film we can see the types of sports such us boxing, rugby, golf, swimming, rowing, horse riding, horse racing, motosport and football. We saw thousands of spectators during the Olympic games. We saw David Bechkam among the footballfan. He is a famous footballer and member of English national team. Try to be part of sport because “A healthy mind in a healthy body”.
5. Complete the diagram.
Sport in Kazakhstan: football, wrestling, kokpar, horseracing, togyzkumalak, chess boxing, volleyball, basketball.
Sport in Britain: Squash, netball, golf, cricket, rowing, football, swimming, rugby.
- What have you learnt at the lesson?
- What do you want to learn?
To write a composition ’’Sport in my life”
Ақтөбе облысы, Шалқар қалалық №4 орта мектебінің ағылшын тілі пәнінің мұғалімі Жиенбаева Ләззат Абдрахманқызы
Сабақтың тақырыбы: Sport in Britain